The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences can safely claim that it’s got the biggest awards show of the year, but the Oscars aren’t the only celebrity mega-event worth writing about. Each year, celebrities from around the globe gather in Los Angeles to recognize the best actors, producers and directors in primetime television. Yes, the Emmy Awards provide a healthy dose of star-studded glamor of their own. And while there were a few unexpected awards dished out this past Sunday, the celebrity hairstyles were as fabulous and flamboyant as always. In case you missed it, here are a few of our favorites:
• Aubrey Plaza. The “Parks and Recreation” starlet looked radiant in her flipped-out down ‘do. The dark, side-swept curls contrasted nicely with her ruffled white bodice gown, giving her a look of timeless elegance.
• Nina Dobrev. Nina looked ravishing in her red Donna Karan gown. By using real hair extensions and an industrial-grade curler, the up-and-coming “Vampire Diaries” actress was able to create a long, luscious hairstyle that tumbled and rolled with the folds of her dress. The effect, if we do say so ourselves, was positively stunning.
• Tina Fey. The creative force behind “30 Rock” might be funny for a living, but Tina’s celebrity hairstyle at the Emmys was nothing to laugh about. Her classic up ‘do complemented her black evening dress perfectly, and she’s still glowing after giving birth to her second child only five weeks ago.
• Evan Rachel Wood. You don’t need long hair to be glamorous, as the “True Blood” starlet demonstrated with her razor-sharp blonde pixie cut. The short hair worked great with her bone structure, and the textured wave gave the look a classic feel.
• Sofia Vergara. Is there ever a day that Sofia doesn’t look good? Even if “Modern Family” hadn’t walked away with five awards, she still would’ve gotten our vote for best celebrity hair. Her flowing two-toned locks looked thick and full thanks to her clip-in hair extensions, and the hairstyle really meshed with her honeysuckle evening gown.
That does it for this week’s edition of Celebrity Hair Talk. Let us know who you think had the best Emmy hairstyle in the comments section below, and don’t forget to check back for even more discussion of hair dos and don’ts.